Who we are
Cambridge Healthcare Research (CHR) provides strategic decision support and action planning to a wide range of stakeholders in the global life-science and healthcare space.
Working closely with our clients, we translate evolving treatment algorithms, patient pathways and novel technologies into tailored landscape analyses, commercial opportunity assessments, market models and into tailored recommendations. Our evaluation of market dynamics, combined with a targeted understanding of key trends in the prescriber, regulator, and payer environments, equips our clients to make the best decisions from an optimally informed position.
As a growing organisation, who firmly believe our people are the key to our success, CHR is a collaborative team with room for individuals to develop, learn new skills and contribute meaningfully to the company, beyond solely project delivery.
What to expect as a Senior Consultant
The Senior Consultant role is pivotal within CHR with critical internal and external focus. As a Senior Consultant, you will be responsible for leading on and successfully delivering our higher-complexity projects, bringing in senior input where needed and ensuring the project is delivered to plan. On smaller projects, you will take a client-focused role which we term ‘engagement manager’ and will also have the opportunity to mentor and coach more junior project managers. You will need to have a very thorough understanding of the client’s context to be able to tailor your recommendations and project deliverables to each client, and solid experience of communicating to senior stakeholders and managing both internal and external expectations. For clients, the Senior Consultant is a key member of the project team acting as the point of contact and taking responsibility for the efficient delivery of projects which challenge the strategic direction of their brand plan.
You will partner with client project teams to ensure CHR is creating value for its clients by delivering solutions that enable their strategic decision-making. Together with the team, you will work on delivering an outstanding experience that ensures long-term client engagement and tangible client impact, which will lead to opportunities for further collaboration on new projects.
You will also be expected to support and contribute to internal initiatives which will shape CHR in the future. These may include activities such as line-management, recruitment, mentorship and training and you will also have opportunity to contribute to CHR’s industry presence through blog articles and LinkedIn postings. As a growing company the Senior Consultant’s contribution to internal initiatives will strengthen the company infrastructure and equip CHR for the future.
- Highly proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint
- Attention to detail and commitment to accuracy
- Ability to collect, interpret and organise data to assimilate changes and forecast trends
- A curious attitude and desire to get to the bottom of problems
- High sense of accountability
- Highly fluent in English
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (both written and oral)
- Personable with an ability to connect and communicate to clients
- Critical Analysis skills; able to identify and challenge inconsistencies
- A drive to continuously improve
- Proactive and a self-starter, with the desire to take on board feedback
- Collaborative and a team-worker
- A passion for building client relationships and providing excellent service
- Willingness to travel
- At least 4 years industry experience gained in relevant roles within Consulting or in Pharma/Biotech
- Experience of managing client relationships
- Minimum of BSc in relevant degree
- Demonstrable experience of leading proposal development and delivery to clients
- Demonstrable line management experience (preferred)
- Fluency in another language besides English is desirable (but not essential)
The CHR Head Office is situated close to the Cambridge Science Park and has a second office in Shoreditch. With an opportunity to work at either location, we offer a flexible and supportive atmosphere as well as a competitive salary and benefits package that includes;
- Annual bonus
- Private health care and Life Assurance
- Contributory pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounted gym membership
- Flexible working
CHR is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.